Pedestrians of Santa Cruz County
Walkable communities, one sidewalk at a time.
Pedestrians of Santa Cruz County is an association of Santa Cruz County residents concerned with the condition of county and city sidewalks and crosswalks that discourages residents from walking as a primary means of transportation. In the absence of an official governmental decision-making or advisory body dedicated to local residents concerns, PoSCC takes on the role of a citizens ad hoc advisory group.
- Walking is recognized as a legitimate means of transportation in Santa Cruz County, as well as a benefit to human health and the environment.
- Local government is aware of sidewalk and crosswalk problems that discourage walking in our communities.
- Local government policies and regulations are consistent in providing for pedestrian safety.
- Report pedestrian safety problems via Pedestrian Hazard Report Forms to the city and the Regional Transportation Commission.
- Participate in city and county commissions and committees to raise awareness and response to pedestrian safety problems.
- Articulate the benefits of walking to human health and the environment.